May 21, 2020: Dual Enrollment and College Transition During Covid-19
About This Webinar:
Research shows that dual enrollment has positive effects on both high school graduation and college attainment, and that these benefits are particularly powerful for college / technical school attainment for the underserved students P5 champions. The Perkins reauthorization (P5) seeks to strengthen career and technical education for the 21st century and dual enrollment strategies are a key emphasis of the re-energized legislation, and the COVID-19 crisis poses challenges to building and maintaining these powerful programs. Please join us as a panel of school superintendents and college presidents share their strategies around building and maintaining effective dual enrollment programs during this uncertain time.
- What are the characteristics of a high-quality dual enrollment program?
- How do we ensure the delivery of high-quality dual enrollment as COVID will likely cause us to move in and out of virtual learning over the months and year ahead?
- How will colleges and districts work together to cope with these changes?
- With grades in flux and high stakes tests postponed, how will colleges and districts deal with the minutiae of dual enrollment such as admission and placing students all while maintaining the expectations set forth by accreditation agencies?
- How can we increase the participation of historically underserved students, including the new P5 special populations (homeless, foster, out-of-workforce, youth with active military parents) during this time?