Kansas City Transeo Professional Learning Experience
We’d like to invite you to join us September 21-22 for a free Kansas City Transeo training event! As the school year gets underway, we’re excited to partner with you and other schools across Missouri and Kansas to engage your students in work-based learning with Transeo.Register
We’ll bring together Transeo product and industry experts, as well as school leaders and administrators from districts across Missouri and Kansas, to listen and learn from one another. We’ll hear from you about the challenges you’re facing, and give you a chance to see how your neighbors are using Transeo to scale their work-based learning programs. We’ll also be showcasing some exciting product updates that will make this school year as smooth as possible for you and your students.
See below for a full agenda, and register today!
- Wednesday, September 21st from 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Thursday, September 22 from 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Location: Olathe Health Education Center, 21201 W 152nd St, Olathe, KS, 66061
- This is a free event
Day 1 agenda
- 9:00 - 9:15a.m. - Check-in
- 9:15 - Welcome
- 9:45 - Keynote speaker: Dr. Dave Schuler on Real World Learning - Practical Strategies and Tactics for Scaling MVA
A national education leader and superintendent in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, Dr. Schuler is passionate about the importance of community service learning and preparing all students to be college, career and life ready. Dr. Schuler launched Redefining Ready!, a national initiative around postsecondary readiness, during his time as 2015-2016 president of AASA, the School Superintendents Association. In 2018, he was named both the Illinois Superintendent of the Year and the AASA National Superintendent of the Year. Dr. Schuler earned his bachelor’s degree from Carroll University and his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 10:45 - Transeo product updates
- 11:30 - Lunch
- 12:20 - Barbra Gonzales: Best Practices in Managing Advisory Boards at Olathe Public Schools
- 1:10 - Carey Keller: How Wichita Public Schools Recruits Business Partners
- 2:00 - Break
- 2:10 - Allison Clemens: Managing Internships at Northland CAPS
- 3:00 - Client feedback session with Transeo leadership
- 4:00 - Day ends
Day 2 agenda
The Customer Success team at Transeo is dedicated to ensuring you have the support you need to get the most value out of the Transeo platform. Day 2 workshops will provide you with an opportunity to learn about enhanced product features, preview pre-created artifacts (forms, activities, and badges) available to you now in our Jobs Base Content Bundle, and collaborate with other educational leaders to share best practices.
Don’t forget to bring your devices, as these hands-on workshops are a chance for you to incorporate new features into your current platform and ask specific questions about how you can further implement Transeo in your school!
- 8:00a.m. - Introduction & Utilizing Transeo Services and Customer Success Managers
- 8:10 - Shannan Booth: Real World Learning at Lee's Summit R7: How We Went From 49% of Seniors Graduating With an MVA to 72%
- 9:00 - Jobs Content Bundle Workshop
What is a base content bundle?
What artifacts are available?
What is the process for deploying to your Transeo site?
How to incorporate existing documents into base model artifacts
- 10:00 - Break
- 10:15 - Training, Project and Internship Agreements: How to best incorporate these within the Transeo platform
Workflow Forms - What is a workflow?
Process for creating a workflow
Dynamic Fields - What are dynamic fields/forms?
How to incorporate dynamic fields within a workflow form
- 11:15 - Badges Workshop
Preview - Badge Bundle - MVA’s - A+ - KS CTE Scholar
Review Badge Components
How to tailor a Badge to your specifications
Badge Component Dashboard
- 12:15 - Lunch
- 1:15 - Managing your Internships, Client Connect Projects and Entrepreneurial Experiences
Creating an experience
Time logs, pay periods, and hours tracking
- 2:15 - Wrap up and next steps
- 3:00 - Day ends