Last Updated: June 19th, 2018
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
Slate Solutions, Inc. (dba. Transeo) and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Transeo,” “we,” or “us”), require that all visitors to a Web or mobile site, or other application, operated by Transeo (the “Site”) adhere to the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms”). By using this Site, you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms. The Site also may contain additional terms that govern particular features or offers (“Additional Terms”). The Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein and the Additional Terms. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices. You should check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. By using this Site after we post any changes to these terms and conditions, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If at any time you choose not to accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this Site.
1. CHANGES TO THE SITE
We expressly reserve the right to make any changes that we deem appropriate from time to time to the Site or to any information, text, data, databases, graphics, images, sound recordings, video materials, audio clips, logos, software, features, services, and other materials within the Site (all such materials, and any compilation, collection, or arrangement thereof, the “Content”).
2. LICENSE TO ACCESS AND USE
2.1 You may access and use this Site only for your personal use. Any other access to or use of the Site or the Content constitutes a violation of these Terms and may violate applicable copyright, trademark, or other laws. We make no representation that the Site or Content is appropriate or available for use in locations other than the United States. If you choose to access this Site from locations other than in the United States, you do so at your own initiative, at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with applicable local laws.
2.2 You may not access, use, or copy any portion of the Site or of the Content through the use of bots, spiders, scrapers, web crawlers, indexing agents, or other automated devices or mechanisms. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright notice or trademark legend, author attribution, or other notice placed on or contained within any of the Content. Except as expressly authorized by us in writing, in no event will you reproduce, redistribute, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Site or the Content or any access to or use of the Site or the Content.
2.3 You represent and agree that all information that you provide to us in connection with your access to and use of the Site is true, accurate, and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief.
3. PARENTAL PERMISSION AND ELIGIBILITY
We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online. We prohibit registration by children under the age of 13 for the Site. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. We may, at our discretion, require users under 18 to obtain the consent of a parent or guardian, and we may limit access to certain portions of the Site to users above a specified age. You agree to abide by any such restrictions, and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
5. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
When you visit the Site, submit information to the Site, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site or sending you messages through the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You understand and agree that we own, or (where applicable) we have the right or license from third parties, to all right, title, and interest in and to the Site and all of the Content. You acknowledge and agree that the Content constitutes valuable intellectual property and proprietary information of Transeo or its licensors and Content providers that is protected by applicable laws, and treaties of the United States and other countries, and that you acquire no ownership interest by accessing or using the Site or the Content. Such intellectual property and proprietary rights may include, but are not limited to, copyrights, trademarks and service marks, trade dress, and trade secrets, and all such rights are the property of Transeo or its licensors and content providers.
7. COPYRIGHT POLICY
If you believe in good faith that any Content has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may forward the following to us firstname.lastname@example.org: (i) your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address; (ii) identification and description of each copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) the exact URL or location of the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (v) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owners.
8. TERMINATION OF ACCESS
8.1 Transeo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to: (a) the unauthorized use of any username or password; or (b) the breach of any agreement between you and Transeo, including, without limitation, these Terms. Following any such termination of access, you will continue to be bound hereunder to the fullest extent applicable.
8.2 Upon being notified that your access is terminated, you must destroy any materials you have obtained from the Site. You may not access the Site after your access is terminated without our written approval. After terminating your access, Transeo will retain all rights, including all intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, and licenses retained in these Terms, and the limitations upon your use and treatment of Content will remain in full force.
8.3 You may terminate your registration with the Site at any time, for any reason, by email to email@example.com.
9. USER CONDUCT
In connection with your access and use of the Site and that of any person authorized by you to access and use the Site, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies of all relevant jurisdictions, including all applicable local rules regarding online conduct. Not in limitation of the previous sentence, in connection with your use of the Site, you may not cause or permit any person to do any of the following:
(a) use the Site or Content for any unlawful purpose;
(b) use the Site to post or transmit any material that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, malware, adware, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
(c) impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on the Site or otherwise interfere with or inhibit any other user of this Site from using or enjoying the Site;
(d) use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind;
(e) violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular feature of the Site;
(f) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
(g) use the Site to post or transmit any information which is invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights or that otherwise violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
(h) use the Site to post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes, or other unsolicited commercial communication;
(i) create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; and
(j) violate any applicable laws or regulations.
10.1 By disclosing or offering any information to us, including comments, documents, images, photos, video, works of authorship, graphics, suggestions, ideas, or other information (each, a “Submission”), either through your use of the Site or otherwise, you authorize Transeo to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary, including to facilitate the posting and storage of the Submission on the Site. By making a Submission, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Transeo an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Submission for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submission, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
10.2 By making a Submission, you represent that you have all requisite rights to, and are authorized to disclose, all of the information contained in the Submission. You are fully responsible for any Submission you make and for the legality, reliability, appropriateness, and originality thereof.
10.3 Transeo may remove any Content that in its sole judgment violates these Terms or which may otherwise be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of any third party. Transeo assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Site for inappropriate Content or to modify or remove any inappropriate Content. Transeo is not responsible for the conduct of any end user submitting any inappropriate Content. If you find Content that you believe to be offensive or that you believe violates these terms and conditions, please notify Transeo. We may choose to investigate such complaints and, if so, will take actions we determine to be appropriate, including up to removing of the Content and terminating the access of an end user. However, we reserve the right not to take any action.
11.1 With respect to any fee-based portions of the Site, all prices exclude all taxes. To the extent permitted by law, these taxes are your responsibility. All prices are stated and shall be charged in United States dollars. Any currency exchange settlements shall be based on your agreement with the provider of your designated payment method. Transeo reserves the right to change such prices from time to time. If there was a time period associated with the service you purchased, the price at the time you purchased such service shall remain in effect for such time period. Thereafter, the new price shall apply. If you purchase a service that is designated as a monthly or other periodic basis, unless expressly stated otherwise, such service shall automatically renew from month to month (or such other period that applies to the service) and you shall be charged any applicable fees for such renewal, unless you cancel your subscription prior to the renewal period.
12. ELECTRONIC RECEIPTS
Transeo shall send you e-mail receipts of all purchases made using your billing account to the email address associated with your account on the Site. You accept the sufficiency of such e-mail receipts and agree that it is your duty to print or save each e-mail receipt for your records. Transeo is not responsible for any problem you may have in receiving such e-mail receipts, including your spam filter settings, and no such problem shall excuse you of your payment obligations.
13. REVIEW OF CHARGES
It is your responsibility to review all of your e-mail receipts for accuracy and to notify us of any error 90 days after the date you receive the relevant account statement from your designated payment method provider or such amounts will be deemed to have been accepted by you. You hereby release Transeo from any liability for any error that is not reported to Transeo within such period.
14. NO ADVICE
The Content provided through the Site should be used for informational purposes only; the content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Always seek the advice of a relevant professional with any questions about any career, health, financial or other decision you are seeking to make. In the case of any Content pertaining to service provider organizations, users should always consult the service provider organization for the most up-to-date information, including, but not limited to, all information related to any service hour opportunities.
Transeo takes such commercially reasonable measures as it deems appropriate to secure and protect information transmitted to and from the Site. Nevertheless, we cannot and do not guarantee that any such transmissions are or will be totally secure. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Transeo may assume that any individual accessing your account with your password is you and you shall be responsible for all acts or omissions committed by such individual. You agree not to use the account, user ID, or password of any other registered end user or to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify Transeo immediately if you suspect or become aware of unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
16.1 This Site may include hyperlinks to other websites which are not maintained by Transeo. We are not responsible for the content of such external websites and we make no representations whatsoever concerning the content or accuracy of, opinions expressed in, or other links provided by such websites. The inclusion of any hyperlink to external websites does not imply endorsement by Transeo of those websites or any products or services referred to therein. The terms of service and privacy policies applicable to external websites may be different from those applicable to our Site. If you decide to access any external website through a link within our Site, you do so entirely at your own risk, and Transeo will have no liability for any loss or damage arising from your access or use of any external website. Since Transeo is not responsible for the availability of these websites, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding an external website to the administrator of that website. You agree that you will bring no suit or claim against us arising from or based upon any such use of external websites. Hyperlinks to other websites that are provided on the Site are not intended to imply that: (a) we are affiliated or associated with any external website; or (b) any linked site is authorized to use any of our trademarks, trade names, logos, or copyrights.
16.2 Images of the Transeo logo can only be used to link to the Site; any other use of the Transeo logo can only be made with our express written permission. By linking to the Site, you agree that you will not misrepresent your relationship with us or present false or misleading impressions about us. No hyperlinks to the Site may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that Transeo approves or endorses you, your website, or your goods and services. We will have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. No hyperlink may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene, or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
16.3 We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to request that you remove from your website all hyperlinks or any particular hyperlink to the Site. We may at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without cause, withdraw the permission granted herein to use the Transeo logo and your right to link to any pages on the Site. Upon our request, you agree to immediately remove all hyperlinks to the Site and to cease using the Transeo logo for linking purposes. Thereafter, your posting of any future hyperlinks to the Site will require our express written permission.
17. USE OF TRADEMARKS
Except for the limited permission to use the Transeo logo as set forth in these Terms, you may not, without our express written permission, use any Transeo trademarks or service marks for any other purpose.
18.1 The use of this SITE by you is at your own risk. ACCORDINGLY, THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPECIFICALLY, SLATE SOLUTIONS, INC, TRANSEO AND ITS AFFILIATES AND CONTENT-PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (a) THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (b) THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITE WILL ALLOW YOU TO OBTAIN ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS WHATSOEVER; (c) THE CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE IS OR WILL BE ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, OR OF ANY PARTICULAR VALUE OR QUALITY; (d) ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (e) THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DISABLING DEVICES OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
18.2 APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19.1 In no event will Transeo, its contractors, suppliers, content-providers, and other similar entities, and the officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, our “Representatives”), be liable to you or any third party for any losses or damages, alleged under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with: (a) your use of, or reliance on, the Site or the Content; (b) our performance of or failure to perform our obligations in connection with these Terms; (c) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users of the Site or of third parties; or (d) your purchase or use of any goods or services provided by third parties.
19.2 Under no circumstances will Transeo or our Representatives be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, special, or similar damages or costs (including, but not limited to, lost profits or data, loss of goodwill, loss of or damage to property, loss of use, business interruption, and claims of third parties) arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the use of the Site or the Content, or the transmission of information to or from the Site over the Internet, even if we were advised, knew, or should have known of the possibility of such damages or costs. In a jurisdiction that does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain damages, the liability of Transeo and the Representatives will be limited in accordance with these Terms to the extent permitted by law.
19.3 Without limiting any of the foregoing, if Transeo or any of our Representatives is found liable to you or to any third party as a result of any claims or other matters arising under or in connection with these Terms, the Site, or your use of the Site, the maximum liability for all such claims and other matters will not exceed $100 in any calendar year.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Transeo, and our Representatives from and against all claims, demands, suits, or other proceedings, and all resulting loss, damage, liability, cost, and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising out of: (a) content, data, or information that you submit, post to, or transmit through the Site; (b) your access to and use of the Content, the Site, and other materials, products, and services available on or through the Site and Transeo; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of any third party; (e) your website; and (f) any unauthorized use of a username, password, or account number. We reserve, and you grant to us, the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you hereunder.
These Terms will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. You submit to personal jurisdiction in Illinois, and any cause of action arising under these Terms or otherwise involving this Site will be brought exclusively in a court in Cook County, Illinois.
22. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL
YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IN ANY ACTIONS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND THE MATTERS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
23.2 Our electronically or otherwise properly stored copy of these Terms will be deemed to be the true, complete, valid, authentic, and enforceable copy, and you agree that you will not contest the admissibility or enforceability of our copy of these Terms in connection with any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms.
23.3 Any provisions of these Terms that are reasonably inferable to have been intended to survive termination (including, but not limited to, any provisions regarding limitation of our liability or indemnification) will continue in effect beyond any such termination of access to this Site.
23.4 These Terms do not confer any rights, remedies, or benefits upon any person other than you.
23.5 We may assign our rights and duties under these Terms at any time to any third party without notice. You may not assign these Terms without our prior written consent.
23.6 Our waiver of any breach of these Terms will not be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach thereof.
23.7 If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be stricken and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
23.8 Possible evidence of use of the Site for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
23.9 Discontinuation of use of this Site is your sole right and remedy for any dissatisfaction with the Site or any of the Content.
24. OTHER AGREEMENTS
If you have entered into a separate written agreement with Slate Solutions, Inc or Transeo with respect to your use of the Site or any Content, that agreement will supersede these Terms to the extent they are in conflict.
25. PERTAINING TO CUSTOMERS WITH BOTH COLLEGE AND TRANSCRIPT SUBSCRIPTIONS
If purchasing a product or service through our partner National Clearinghouse, you agree to the following additional terms:
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the National Student Clearinghouse (“Clearinghouse”), a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the undersigned high school or high school district (“School”) agree as follows:
1. The Clearinghouse provides a nationwide, central repository of information on student enrollment, degrees, diplomas, certificates and other educational achievements.
2. The School wants to obtain information on the attendance of its former students in postsecondary institutions and improve the manner in which the diplomas it has granted to its students are verified to prospective employers and others. The School wishes to use the services of the Clearinghouse to assist in the functions as described below. Individual attachments may be added, deleted or modified by mutual written agreement.
3. The School will transmit to Transeo lists of its graduates (“Graduates”). Initially, it will transmit a list of Graduates dating back up to eight (8) years and, thereafter, will submit lists of new graduates each year after conferral of diplomas. The School agrees that it will submit its Graduates files electronically and that they will contain the data elements and configuration reasonably required by the Clearinghouse. Transeo, acting on behalf of the School, may conform the data to Clearinghouse standards and submit the data to the Clearinghouse. The listing shall indicate which students have blocked the release of “directory information” under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). School will provide the Clearinghouse with any requested necessary information on School’s FERPA Directory Information policy. The School will promptly inform the Clearinghouse of any newly placed directory information blocks. The Clearinghouse will promptly refer to the School any requests it receives from individual students either to correct or block records received from the School but will not modify or block records without instruction from the School.
4. Upon request, the Clearinghouse will compare the School’s Graduates with its database and provide the School with data on the subsequent enrollment and educational achievements of its students at postsecondary institutions. In addition to the Graduates file, the School may also submit through Transeo lists of graduates and other former students in a format reasonably required by the Clearinghouse (“StudentTracker Request Files”), and the Clearinghouse will provide data on the subsequent enrollment and educational achievements of these students at postsecondary institutions. The Clearinghouse reserves the right to reasonably limit the number of Request Files submitted by the School per calendar year.
5. The Clearinghouse will not release any personally identifiable information except as specifically provided under this Agreement, including Exhibits. The Clearinghouse may not in any way use or supply student personally identifiable information obtained hereunder beyond the specific purposes set forth in this agreement. The Clearinghouse agrees that data provided by the School under the agreement may not be sold by Clearinghouse, or be used by the Clearinghouse to amass a student profile or conduct targeted advertising.
6. In the event either party determines that an event has occurred that reasonably leads it to believe that there has been an unauthorized or improper disclosure of the information exchanged under this agreement that party will promptly notify the other unless specifically directed not to make such notification by law enforcement. Such notification will include the nature of the incident, the information compromised and the action taken. The parties will cooperate and keep each other fully informed until the incident is resolved. Either party shall have the right to immediately suspend service under this Agreement until the resolution of such incident.
7. The services provided by the Clearinghouse under this Agreement will be paid for by the School through Transeo, which will be responsible for paying Clearinghouse for the services provided.
8. The Clearinghouse uses its best efforts to review, interpret, and follow publicly disseminated guidance on FERPA in the development and operation of its services and provides for the release of only unblocked directory information unless FERPA authorizes release without consent. The School is solely responsible for its compliance with FERPA, and the Clearinghouse is not liable for any errors or omissions by the School that may give rise to FERPA violations. The School will institute and maintain reasonable controls to ensure that the information it provides to the Clearinghouse under this Agreement is complete and accurate. Both the Clearinghouse and the School agree to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local statutes, regulations, and other requirements pertaining to the security, confidentiality, and privacy of information exchanged with and maintained by the Clearinghouse.
9. The School agrees that it may only disclose the data provided by the Clearinghouse to school boards and school officials whom it has determined to have legitimate educational interests. The School agrees that it will not release data provided by the Clearinghouse to any other individuals, institutions, or organizations, other than those identified above, either in student or postsecondary institution identifiable form, without the Clearinghouse’s express written permission and payment of any additional fees that may be required.
10. The School understands and agrees that Clearinghouse will provide Transeo with the reports generated as part of the services provided under this Agreement. Transeo will provide the reports to the School, and may also use data in such reports to provide additional services to the School under a separate agreement between the School and Transeo.
11. In the event the School is required to disclose any data provided hereunder which could potentially identify individuals or specific postsecondary institutions pursuant to any applicable statute, law, rule or regulation of any governmental authority or pursuant to any order of any court of competent jurisdiction, the School must provide the Clearinghouse prompt notice of such request for disclosure and reasonably cooperate with the Clearinghouse’s efforts to obtain a protective order. The parties further agree that any exclusion effected pursuant to this provision is authorized only to the minimum extent necessary to allow the School to comply with a legal rule or order compelling the disclosure of information and shall not constitute a general waiver of the obligations of confidentiality under this Agreement.
12. The School agrees to: a. Ensure that only authorized personnel whom it has determined to have legitimate educational interests will be provided with access to the Clearinghouse’s secure website, and that such access will be immediately terminated when those personnel leave the School’s employment. b. Take all necessary steps to ensure that authorized personnel do not share their Clearinghouse website user names and passwords with other individuals or entities.
13. The Clearinghouse will institute and maintain reasonable controls to ensure the integrity and security of its database and data transmission systems so that it releases information solely to authorized entities or individuals in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and applicable law. Such controls will adhere to best practices and standards within the education community related to information security and will include technical, operational and physical controls which will be reflected in a comprehensive information security policy. The Clearinghouse will provide periodic security training to its employees
who operate or have access to the database and data transmission systems. The Clearinghouse agrees to indemnify and hold the School harmless from any direct loss, cost, damage or expense suffered by the School as a direct result of the Clearinghouse’s failure to comply with its obligations under this Agreement. The Clearinghouse will maintain insurance covering errors and omissions in its data processing operations in the amount of at least two million dollars ($2,000,000).
14. The School may audit the performance by the Clearinghouse of its duties and obligations hereunder at the Clearinghouse offices during normal business hours but no more frequently than annually. Audits require 30 days advanced notice and will be scheduled at a mutually convenient date.
15. The Clearinghouse will not retain or release personally identifiable information provided by the School except as specifically authorized under this Agreement. The Clearinghouse may retain or release information received from the School under this Agreement that is in aggregate or statistical form and does not contain Social Security numbers or other personally identifiable information. The School retains full ownership rights to the information in the education records it provides to the Clearinghouse. Upon termination of this agreement, the Clearinghouse will immediately discontinue use of any information that has been provided to it by the School. The Clearinghouse agrees to destroy all information provided under this Agreement: (1) at the School’s request; (2) when the data is no longer needed to achieve this Agreements’s purposes, (3) upon termination of this Agreement, or (4) as otherwise required by State or Federal law. School agrees that Clearinghouse may maintain data provided by the State, when such data is needed to satisfy audit or other State and Federal legal and regulatory requirements. Certification of this destruction will be at the School’s request per the Clearinghouse’s data deletion policy, or as otherwise may be required by the School.
16. The Clearinghouse will not retain or release personally identifiable information provided by the School except as specifically authorized under this Agreement. The Clearinghouse may retain or release information received from the School under this Agreement that is in aggregate or statistical form and does not contain Social Security numbers or other personally identifiable information. The School retains full ownership rights to the information in the education records it provides to the Clearinghouse. Upon termination of this agreement, the Clearinghouse will immediately discontinue use of any information that has been provided to it by the School. The Clearinghouse agrees to destroy all information provided under this Agreement: (1) at the School’s request; (2) when the data is no longer needed to achieve this Agreements’s purposes, (3) upon termination of this Agreement, or (4) as otherwise required by State or Federal law. School agrees that Clearinghouse may maintain data provided by the State, when such data is needed to satisfy audit or other State and Federal legal and regulatory requirements. Certification of this destruction will be at the School’s request per the Clearinghouse’s data deletion policy, or as otherwise may be required by the School.
17. In the event School is required by law or regulation to provide parents or eligible students, access to, or correction of student data, Clearinghouse agrees to facilitate access and correction of data shared under this Agreement
18. The School agrees to acknowledge in all internal and external reports, presentations, publications, press releases, and/or research announcements that utilize StudentTracker data that the source of the data is the StudentTracker service from the National Student Clearinghouse.
19. The School agrees to provide all notices to the Clearinghouse under this Agreement to: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Attn: Contract Administrator
20. The Clearinghouse agrees to provide all notices under this Agreement to Transeo. The Clearinghouse considers Transeo its primary contact for all operational and systems issues unless otherwise instructed in writing by the School.
21. The effective date of this Agreement is the date by which it is signed by both parties. This Agreement will remain in effect as long as School has an active account with Transeo for the services provided under this Agreement and Transeo and the Clearinghouse have an active agreement whereby Transeo is permitted to offer these services on behalf of the Clearinghouse. The parties agree that any subsequent modifications to this Agreement will be made only in writing. The Clearinghouse may assign this Agreement without consent to a successor or wholly owned subsidiary with sixty (60) days notice to Transeo.
22. All representations, warranties, disclaimers of liabilities, indemnifications, and covenants between the parties will survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason and in any manner and will remain in full force and effect between the parties.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the Site or these Terms at firstname.lastname@example.org.